Morris, Illinois (60450)
- Wheat Weaker Following Overnight Trade
- Wheat futures are trading 9 to 14 cents lower across the three markets following the overnight trade session. They collapsed again on Thursday with all three markets sharply lower. The winter wheats led the way to the downside, 22 to 30 ¼ cents lower in the front months. MPLS spring...
- Hogs Look to Close Out the Week
- Lean hogs were down 27 cents to $1.72 in the front months on Thursday, with deferred contracts up 7 to 35 cents. The National Average Base Hog price for the Thursday PM report was $110.51 down $1.18 from the day prior. CME’s Lean Hog Index for 5/17 was 18 cents...
- Cotton Weaker on Friday
- Cotton futures are trading 47 to 132 points lower this morning. They were mixed at the Thursday close, with July up 323 points. New crop Dec was down 96 points. Outside markets were supportive, with crude up $2.06 cents and the dollar down 947 points (11-day low). Upland cotton export...
- Corn Weaker on Friday Morning
- Corn futures are trading 7 to 7 ¾ cents lower as we look ahead to the weekend. They settled mixed on Thursday, with July up 1 ¾ and other contracts out to July ’23 down 2 ¾ to 4 ¾ cents. Deferred contracts past that were higher. The 7-day QPF...
- Beans Mixed to Start Friday
- Soybean futures are posting mixed trade this AM, with the front months up another 2 to 3 ¼ cents and new crop fractionally lower. They rallied from overnight weakness on Thursday, ending the day with gains of 13 to 27 ¾ cents at the close. Meal was a large supporting...
- Cattle Look to Position Ahead of Cattle on Feed Report
- Live cattle were up 2 to 32 cents in the nearby contracts on Thursday, with other contracts down 25 to 57 cents. Cash trade has seen a little action at $138 in the south this week, with sales in the north at $140-142, still a very strong basis. Thursday’s Fed...