Morris, Illinois (60450)
- Hogs Look to Monday Trade
- Lean hog futures closed the Friday session with front months mostly 5 cents to $1.05 lower. The USDA’s National Average Base Hog price was $123.69 on Friday afternoon, up $2.32 from the previous day’s report. The August 10th CME Lean Hog Index was down 23 cents to $121.86. Front month...
- Cotton Up the Limit on Monday Morning
- Cotton futures are currently up the 5 cent limit on Monday morning, continuing the same action from Friday. They posted limit gains out through July ’23 on Friday. A dramatic cut to the US production number by NASS helped to push things higher. They have expanded limits of 5 cents...
- Wheat Lower on Monday Morning
- Wheat futures are trading 13 to 19 ¾ cents lower this morning, led by KC and MPLS. They were weaker on Friday. CBT led the way for the winter wheat, down 3 to 6 ¼ cents per bushel in the active contracts. KC HRW contracts were fractionally mixed. MPLS spring...
- Soybeans Weaker on Sunday Overnight
- Soybean futures are 36 to 42 ½ cents lower following weaker Sunday night trade. They had a bit of a fake out on Friday post USDA report, with contracts plunging 40+ cents intraday but closing 2 to 5 ¾ cents higher. Preliminary open interest suggests net new buying, up 3,674...
- Cattle Look to Rebound on Monday
- Live cattle futures ended the Friday session with front months 12 to 60 cents lower. Deferred contracts were steady to a nickel higher. Cash cattle changed hands at $144-148 in the north, up $4-5 on the week, with some $229-235.50 in the beef. Cash trade also rallied in the South...
- Corn Heading Lower Out of the Weekend
- Corn futures are trading 13 ¾ to 15 ¾ cents lower coming out of the weekend. A cooler and somewhat wetter WCB weather forecast caused bulls to back off a bit on Sunday night. They were skeptical coming out of the USDA reports but rallied into the close to post...