Morris, Illinois (60450)
- Limit Losses for Cotton
- Cotton futures were lock limit lower through Tuesday, as a broad commodity selloff took place going into month’s end. The 21/22 futures were still above $1 at the close, but March was at the lowest price since October 25. The online cotton trading platform The Seam reported 8,597 bales were...
- 30 Cent Losses for Winter Wheats
- Wheat prices fell hard on the last trade day for November, giving back more than 30 cents in some contracts. SRW futures closed 3.16% to 4.26% in the red. For the March contract, that drop left futures just a penny/bu higher from November 1sts start, as the board is now...
- Hog Futures Fall on Tuesday
- A broad month end sell off in ag left lean hog futures also $0.57 to $0.95 lower. December contracts were the outlier, closing with a 97 cent gain. December is now a $6.60 discount to Feb, which is itself a $5.25 discount to April. USDA’s National Average Base hog price...
- Cattle Complex Closes Mixed Mostly Lower
- Tuesday’s sell off found support in back month feeder cattle futures, while the rest of the complex stayed sharply lower. Fats ended with $0.67 to $1.45 losses, with April the weakest on the day. Feeders were $.87 cents red at the close in the Jan contract, a nickel red for...
- Soybean Futures Fall on Month End
- The last trading day for November left soybean futures 22 to 26 cents in the red. For Jan futures, that finished the month with a 31 3/4 cent loss, though futures were within a broad $1.08 range ($11.81 1/4 to $12.89 1/4) for the month. For soymeal, Tuesday trading left...
- Corn Drops Double Digits
- Corn prices settled 12 1/4 to 15 3/4 cents lower on Tuesday. The commodity markets faced a broad month-end selloff, which took March futures back to pre-WASDE levels. Crude Oil futures were also sharply lower, closing 4.22% weaker and pressuring ethanol prices. The Dollar Index faded an initial bounce on...