Morris, Illinois (60450)
- Wheats Fade Early Week Gains into Weekend
- After rallying on the Black Sea conflict’s escalations, wheat futures pulled back on Friday with >3% drops into the weekend. Chicago SRW futures closed the day with 24 1/2 to 30 1/4 cent losses on the day. That limited the Dec contract’s weekly gain to 20 3/4 cents. KC wheat...
- Red Close for Friday Soy Market
- The soybean futures market ended the day +2% in the red for the front months. November gave back 31 1/4 cents on the day, which flipped the week’s move to net loss of 22 3/4 cents. Soymeal prices went home with $4.60 to $6/ton losses, erasing most of the week’s...
- Lean Hogs Weaken on Friday
- The front month lean hog futures market closed the last trade day of the week with triple digit losses. December was down the most on a $2.87 drop, leaving the contract at a net 5.9% loss for the week. The PM National Average Base Hog price from USDA was down...
- Cattle Market Closes Red on Friday
- Going into the weekend the fat cattle futures market faded with $0.60 to $1.10 losses. Feeders closed mixed within 47 cents of UNCH. USDA reported the bulk of cash trades for the week were $148 in the WCB, up by as much as $4, and $143 in the South, steady...
- Cotton Closes Down a 4c Limit
- Front month cotton futures fell their allotted 4 cent limit on Friday. October, with just 18 contracts of OI as of 9/22, stayed off the limit for the close on a 234 point drop. For December that completed the week as a 675 point loss. CFTC’s weekly Commitment of Traders...
- Friday Losses in Corn
- At the close for the week, corn futures had dropped by 11 1/2 to 13 1/4 cents in the front months. For December that was just enough to flip red wk/wk, though the net loss was just a fraction of a penny. Dec printed a wide 18 1/2 cent range...